KSET is the exam conducted by the University of Mysore every year for the post of assistant professor. This year due to the covid-19 second wave, the kset exam 2021 which was to be held on April 25, is now postponed by the authorities and the exam will be conducted on the new dates which may be announced by June. Here below are some of the important details about the KSET exam regarding the KSET syllabus, online apply, exam dates.
What is Kset?
How to apply for the KSET exam?
How the KSET exams will be conducted?
What are the eligibility criteria for the KSET exam?
- The students who have completed a Master degree or equivalent courses with a minimum of 55% result for the general category and of 50 % for other categories and special quotas.
- No age limit for appearing in the KSET exam.
- The students who are just admitted to the Master degree can also be eligible for appearing in the KSET exam.
- The students should take the subject in which they are doing or done their master degree.
- There’s also an opportunity for the candidates who have completed their master degree by the year 1991.
- The candidates who belong to other states(OBCs) are considered as GM category.
- If you already cleared the exam and became eligible for KSET in the previous year in a particular subject then you are not eligible to apply for the same subject again.
Fees structure and How to pay KSET exam fees?
|Cat IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB||₹950|
|Cat I, SC, ST, PWD||₹650|
- Internet banking
- Credit Card payment
- Debit card payment
- SBI Challan payment by downloading challan online and paying to nearby banks.
- Through UPI PAYMENT.
KSET exam question paper pattern and scheme
|Paper I||General Paper|
1. Paper I – General Paper
- It consists of 50 total Questions [MCQs] each carrying 2 marks.
- All questions are compulsory.
- The total marks of the paper I include 100.
- The topics covered in Paper 1 include – Teaching Aptitude, Research Aptitude, Mathematical reasoning, Vedic maths, comprehension passage, ecology and biodiversity, constitution etc.
2. Paper-II – Subject
- It consists of 100 multiple-choice questions.
- All questions are compulsory.
- The subject of the paper is based on the which the candidate selected.
- KSET exam includes about 41 subjects.
- The candidates should shade the correct answers in the Optical Marks Reader [OMR] sheet which is given along with the question paper in the exam hall.
KSET Result Announcement
- The KSET exam results are announced by the authorities after conducting the exams.
- The results are available on the official website only.
- There will be regular notifications by the KSET authorities where you can check it and there are also notifications about it on this website also you can follow it also
- The KSET exam qualifying criteria are changed recently in 2018.
- To get qualified and eligible for KSET one should get the aggregate of the minimum marks of two papers i.e paper 1 and paper 2.
- Category wise minimum marks required to get KSET qualified and eligible for the post of assistant professor are as follows
|GENERAL [GM]||Aggregate marks of 40% in all the two papers (I & II).|
|II A/ II B / IIIA / III B / SC / ST/ CAT-I /PWD||Aggregate marks of 35% in all the two papers (I & II).|
The criteria for qualifying for the exam is done as per the UGC is the final.
KSET exam centres
|Center Name||Center Code|